Senior .NET Developer – Stafford
TopCashback is the world’s most generous cashback company. Having been established in the UK in 2005, we are now the UK market leaders in cashback and still growing rapidly. TopCashback has previously featured as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the UK for 3 consecutive years by the Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 and has been awarded Cashback Site of the year 2016, 2017, 2019 and 2020.
Our worldwide membership is well in excess of 20 million and growing. TopCashback is an ethical company and lives by the motto “do as you would be done by”. We extend this way of operating to all of our members, merchants and partners as one of our core values.
An excellent opportunity to work for an internationally expanding, commercial online business, we are looking for a full-stack senior .NET developer to join our growing team in Stafford, primarily working on back-office systems.
Reporting directly to a Technical Lead, you will be working on supporting and enhancing existing solutions as well as building new solutions where there is a business need.
As a senior developer you will:
– Liaise with stakeholders to gather and analyse requirements.
– Help design and plan the implementation of solutions to solve business problems.
– Be instrumental in the delivery of quality solutions in a pragmatic and timely manner.
– Help guide and mentor the team to improve standards and productivity.
– Provide support and cover for the technical lead when required.
– Engage in the continuous improvement of the team’s methods and processes.
– Develop a deep understanding of the business domain and systems.
The operational improvements team builds and supports solutions built on a mix of languages and technologies; including:
– SQL Server
– Angular – .Net Core Web API
This role offers a variety of work across all of these technologies and more, both front-end and back-end.
The ideal candidate will:
– Have at least 5 years experience as a full stack developer working on line-of-business applications or equivalent. – Be willing and able to work across a wide range of solutions and technologies. – Be comfortable working with non-technical teams when analysing requirements or working to understand a problem. – Have an eye for quality and be able to provide critical feedback to other members of the team when required. – Be a team player, working with team members and the wider business in a constructive and positive way. – Make pragmatic decisions to deliver a solution that works in a timely manner with the resources available to you.
You will be able to work towards the department’s standards, patterns and practices, be pragmatic in your development approach, and be responsible for the systems that you develop as part of the team.
Essential Skills and Experience
– 5 years or more experience on a professional software developer team.
– C# and the .Net Framework.
– SQL databases and programming.
– Experience with maintaining and enhancing existing software.
– Unit Test frameworks and techniques.
– Source control systems e.g. Git.
– An understanding of design patterns, SOLID principles and general Object Oriented Programming concepts.
– Good communication skills to work with the team and the business.
Non-Essential but Advantageous Skills and Experience
– .Net Core
– RESTful API development
– Continuous deployment systems and techniques.
– Agile software development.
– Peer reviews and providing critical feedback or other mentoring experience.
– Domain Driven Design
– Competitive Salary
– 23 days Holiday including your Birthday off & 2 Duvet days (Plus Loyalty holidays & ability to purchase extra holiday)
– We would normally state the following
– “Great working environment with relaxed dress code, Table Tennis Tables, Pool Table, XBox room”, but only when we are back in the office. In the meantime, we can only offer you a great job in a great and growing company and the table tennis… will have to wait a while.
– Life Insurance, Income protection, health cash plan and enhanced maternity/paternity
– Good transport links, free parking plus support for public transport users
– Cycle to Work schemes offered
– Growing Company with a global footprint and a family feel offering great career prospects
Due to current Covid restrictions, on-boarding the successful candidate will need to be done ‘virtually’. However we have adapted well to this and have all our employees working safely from home across the globe, We are in a very strong financially secure position – being a profitable owner-managed business with no debt – that makes us extremely confident to continue to recruit and expand our operations in all our markets even at this time.
At TopCashback, since we began, we have been committed to building a fair, diverse and inclusive company. We believe that diversity and nurturing a culture where we can all be our true selves at work makes us stronger as a business. We celebrate differences and foster a fair and equal environment for us all to flourish in.
After all, we spend most of our time together.
With fairness at heart, we‘re committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, religion, disability, nationality, age or similar. Whoever you are, whatever walk of life you are from, we’ll welcome you to our TopCashback family.